Thursday 16 June 2022

Bad Driving Caught on Video

The BBC today have a story about an impatient van driver killing another driver by causing a head-on collision.  The incident was caught on a dash-cam (is it called a dash-cam if it is rear-facing?)  and the dead man's family wanted the footage releasing - presumably as a warning to other impatient tossers.

This particular impatient tosser was jailed for three years and four months.

Good.

I've not included a link as I would be uncomfortable doing so.  So instead, here is a link to another BBC story about a miscreant caught on dash-cam (is it called a dash-cam if it attached to a cyclist?)

In this case, an Audi Q8 driver has been ordered to pay more than £1,800 after passing a cyclist too closely.  Now to be fair, the Q8 driver's seat was probably so far away from the cyclist that he didn't realise that the other side of the car was within 1.5m of him.

I don't like Audi Q8s - I don't see the point of them.

I also don't like this particular Audi Q8 driver - he was initially offered a driver awareness course or a fixed penalty notice so he only has himself to blame.

He said, "The fine is absolutely appalling. I am 77 years of age and the last fine I had was 35 to 40 years ago."

All that proves is that he hasn't be caught very often.  And what has his age got to do with it?  I'd be keeping quiet about that if I was him or people may be questioning whether or not he should be retaking his test.

Now, if you've got five minutes to spare, you can watch MY dash-cam footage (from a real dash-cam).  The car to watch is the car in front of the car in front of me.  It is a black Mercedes A-Class being driven by, I'm guessing here, someone very much of the age of the Audi Q8 driver.

He insists on driving in the outside overtaking lane at approximately 10mph under the speed limit UNTIL he comes out of the 50mph roadworks section.

I have had to split that into two to get it uploaded to Blogger and it is during the second half in which you get the high-pitched expletives from me.

I think he only stopped messing about at the end because he saw the two Traffic Womble cars and thought that they were Police.

Meanwhile, to finish off on a lighter note, here is yet another BBC story with footage of an example (like this one from February) of a fork-lift driver getting the better of a low-life.

No comments:

Post a Comment