Sunday 21 July 2019

Who Knows?

It is the annual Wirral Historic Vehicle Run today and they always stop off for lunch at my local Garden Centre so I always have a wander up there.

Here is my album from the event three years ago - a few of those were there again today and there were a few different ones.

Once you've had a good nose at the cars on the run, it is always worth a stroll around the Garden Centre Car Park too -  there are always a few interesting cars in there whose owners have come along for the main event.

It was in there that I had to do a double-take on seeing this:
Was it the actual car from Doctor Who?  Or just a very good copy?  The number plate is right.
 
Only trouble is, according my Mycarcheck, that number plate belongs to a 2004 silver-coloured Land-Rover Freelander so this must be one they've stuck on here whilst on private land.
 
Here's the real Bessie being driven by Jon Pertwee (my first Doctor):
It has to be said, it's not a bad likeness - here it is from the other side with a nice Kharmann Ghia Cabrio next to it:
 So, a not bad replica then - I had to do some research to be sure.

Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment