Wednesday 3 February 2016

Viral News

Mike Brewer's been getting a bit of stick today.  But only from a couple of people who you would never invite to your party.  It involves this picture which he posted on Facebook with a comment about how Curt should have asked for a replacement jacket.

Many hundreds of his fans reassured Mike and posted suitable comments against those with a sense-of-humor by-pass.  I deliberately spelled it like that because it seemed to be Americans who didn't get the joke.

I say "seemed" because it was actually two English blokes who put the main comments up there.  They claimed children could be upset at the joke.  Well children under 13 shouldn't be on Facebook and children 13 and over would have found it funny.

So there.

I guess it must have had an effect though because today he said, "What a day! trolled because of a guys name badge, abused cause I post too many times! and angered people who didn't get an answer in a clearly posted 10 minute Q&A which went on for 12 minutes with over 50 questions answered...please..if you don't like this page/me or what I do..please unfollow me.."

He does post a lot.  But that's fine by me.

Anyway, the fans reassured him some more.

Don't know if there was enough activity to call it viral though.

So here's some really viral news:

Tata to rename Zica car over virus woes

It is the headline to this BBC story. Tata are having to rename their new car being launched at the Auto Expo in New Delhi because its name sounds like the virus affecting The Americas at the moment.
 Meanwhile, it looks like an MG.
This is perhaps more horrifying news, MG are going to be selling an SUV!  Here's the MG section of carnewschina.com where the story can be found.

It will be called the MG GS Rui Teng or maybe something different if it comes to British shores.  Which I hope it doesn't.  I've got nothing against the car per se.

Except IT'S AN MG SUV!


The name Zica, meanwhile, is meant to be short for "Zippy Car" so how about they rename it "Highly Intense Vehicle"?

Or HIV for short.

6 comments:

  1. Porsche do SUVs, Lamborghini have had SUVs, Jag do SUVs, BMW do SUVs, why not MG?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know why it grates with me, it just does. Lambo were there first and will soon give us the Urus so I don't mind them. Porsche surprised me a bit at first but what an excellent business decision that turned out to be. BMW's history was never just small sports cars which leaves Jag from your list. I suppose they don't want to be left behind and also want to take advantage of LandRover tech. Rolls are looking to SUVs too - it just saddens a fast estate car person like me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the fact that they're Indian owned doesn't bother you?

      Delete
  3. It's like MG being Chinese and Rolls & Bentley being German - I'd rather they were British owned but better foreign owned than non-existant. Lotus, meanwhile, are Malaysian - there's another company I wouldn't like to see selling a SUV. Oh rats - http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/lotus/92006/lotus-suv-confirmed-for-2019

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have MG any plans for any sports cars?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be nice but I don't think there would be much money in it for them nowadays. Oh - http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mg/87705/confirmed-mg-is-building-a-new-roadster#

    ReplyDelete