Monday 15 February 2016

Footballer Involved in Car Accident

Stephen Fry has left Twitter.

He got a load of grief after making a joke at a friend's expense at the BAFTAs.

He'll probably be back.

I don't tweet.

I've got nothing against Twitter, I just don't use it.  So I don't know how easy it would be to send a picture of an Scoupe by accident from my pocket.
Not that anyone would be that bothered about a picture of an old Hyundai.  I have accidentally 'phoned my wife a couple of times from my pocket. But only because by phone allows me to by-pass the screen lock with calls to my ICE contact.

But I've certainly never sent her a picture of a car.

Now, imagine if I were a famous Premier League footballer.  And I had just played in a game - as a defender - for the team languishing at the foot of the table.  And in that game, we'd been stuffed 6-0.  At home.

Then it probably wouldn't go down too well to tweet a picture of a Mercedes S coupe. (OK S-Class Coupé but near enough)
 
Well that's what Aston Villa player Joleon Lescott managed to do.

Here's his Twitter feed.

In it he apologises for the result and also apologises for accidentally tweeting the photo.

To his credit, he's left the photo there and kept the responses it garnered.

Such as, "Does this car go from 0 to 6 in 90 minutes?"

As part of his apology, he says "I'm not one for tweeting after games whether it's a good, bad or indifferent result..."

I'll mostly give him that although at the start of the Season he gave us, "Honour to have made my home debut (Boyhood dream) just gutted with the result. No time to mope tho with the biggest game of the season ahead." This was just after losing 1-0 to West Brom and then "Only thing that matters in a derby game is the result, glad we came out on top." just after beating Birmingham City.  None since though.

I wonder what Stephen Fry would say if he were still tweeting?

Actually not a lot, after all Villa are favourites to take up one of the three relegations spots.  Which means one less for Fry's team Norwich to end up in.  My own team is down there at the moment too so Joleon,

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

1 comment:

  1. Is that a Mercedes in your pocket or are you just please to see me???

    ReplyDelete