Friday 18 March 2011

Monkey Business

Staff at Longleat Safari Park have given their monkeys a car according to The BBC today.They could have chosen a better one though.

A C-Class saloon of that vintage only has one (admittedly large) windscreen wiper.

That is nowhere near enough to satisfy that number of monkeys.

Actually, looking at that picture a bit more closely, that isn't a saloon - it's an estate. That means twice the window-wiper fun!

To be fair, Longleat did also supply a roof-rack with a suitcase so that would help a little.

I visited Longleat a few years back but, much to my childrens' annoyance, I took the detour which avoided the risk of monkeys attacking or defecating upon my beloved car.

This story mustn't be confused with the Daily Mail's attempt in 2009 to reinforce the anti-Scouse stereotype as mentioned in my post Mexican Stand-off when they ran this story about the monkeys in Knowsley Safari Park in Liverpool.

No comments:

Post a Comment