Friday 1 June 2018

Goodbye, Old Friend

Yesterday, The BBC told us that Matt LeBlanc will be leaving Top Gear.
That's a shame.  I liked him in that role.  Even when he said "Top Gear" with the emphasis wrong.
 
We've still got him for the next series though - so there's no need to worry just yet.
 
 
Bit soon I think.
 
Strictly speaking, they don't actually need to replace him - but three presenters does seem to work very well for this type of show.
 
They could give a bigger input to Eddie Jordan and/or the lovely Sabine Schmitz.
 
The speculation currently includes Jodie Kidd - yes, I'll give that a thumbs up.
 
There's also Guy Martin - I could see that being OK.
 
There's also Dermot O'Leary and Rebecca Jackson.
 
No thank you.
 
Maybe they should look elsewhere within the cast of Friends:
Now I really like Matthew Perry and Jennifer Aniston but I'm not sure of their motoring pedigree.  While I quite like Lisa Kudrow, her character Phoebe annoyed me beyond belief so it's a no from me.
 
No, we need to look elsewhere within the world of US sitcoms.
 
Frasier? How I Met Your Mother? Big Bang Theory?
 
Ah, got it!
 
A right-wing Clarkson-esque elderly idiot:

No comments:

Post a Comment