Friday 22 July 2016

Bristol's Perked Up

This a follow-up to my 2011 article - Bristol's Gone Tits Up.

Basically, The Bristol Car Company is back from near-death and even has a new model.

Autocar have some photos ahead of next week's official launch of the Bristol Bullet.
I have to say I'm not that keen on its looks - like in my 2011 article, I think they seem to look too much like other generic cars from the past - in this case Austin-Healey.

The rear view is much better - I do like those fins.
Although 1960s Volvo anyone?

Anyway, I'm not sure next week will be the first official launch - look at the Bristol Bullet shown at the 2009 Classic Motor Show at the NEC:
 
So the design goes back to before the recent troubles.

But that doesn't matter.  As long as enough pipe-smokers are attracted to it, Bristol should be fine.

All ship-shape & Bristol Fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment