Friday 28 August 2015

Trevor's Back!

  
I asked Google for some famous Trevors.

I hadn't heard of most of the ones it came up with - somewhere along the line, the name Trevor has been taken over by young people - I'm not sure how given that the youngest Trevor I know of is Trevor Noah. The other Trevors that I had actually heard of were older Trevors - Trevor Nelson, Trevor Eve, Sir Trevor McDonald, Trevor Francis and the bloke above.

The name Trevor looks completely wrong after you've typed it in half-a-dozen times.

But that's all besides the point.

Although Trevor Eve & Trevor Nelson do have some motoring connections, the only reason I'm really using the name is that I read this Autocar article today about the rebirth of TVR (famously named after another Trevor)

Apparently, "The reborn TVR brand has already sold out its allocation for 2017, with the new company announcing that it has taken 250 deposits in just six weeks".  It's got both Gordon Murray and Cosworth on board so it is a serious concern, not a wind-up - oh yes I'd forgotten about Trevor Bayliss.

They still haven't decided on a location for their manufacturing but romantics like myself would be looking towards Blackpool - they may even be able to hire some of the old factory employees - which would be nice.  Ooh, Trevor Sinclair.

We won't see any actual cars until 2018 at the earliest but if they look anything like the imagining, then it's got to be good:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment