Saturday 26 July 2014

Sign Here...


I'm not really a fan of the UK MSN Cars page.
 
There will be some interesting articles in there but any with a series of photos, like the one I'm about to mention, always tend to crash out after you've seen three or four.  Then you have to start reloading the page or trying to be clever by editting the URL to up the frame number by one.
 
This is probably my own fault for still having a laptop with Windows Vista and therefore IE9.  I don't like Chrome, do have Firefox but prefer IE so there.
 
Given that the article I'm about to mention has 77 photos, I thought I was very persistant in getting to 41 before giving up.
 
And given that the article I'm about to mention was completely mis-titled - definitely deserve praise for getting to picture 41.
 
Here is the article I'm about to mention.  It is entitled "Funny road signs from around the world" but doesn't feature funny road signs from around the world.
 
Well, there is one:
but the rest mostly feature animal warning signs that aren't funny but are slightly unusual if you don't live where they are out in the wild.  I suppose this one of a stag tickling a man is OK: 
but there's nothing funny about a roadsign warning of possums.
 
Another about 10 of the "funny signs" are not really signs at all - or funny - they are suggestions for signs by London taxi drivers.
 
The first sign in the article I have just mentioned is also not funny.

It is quite interesting though. It is meant to be very simplified sign telling Americans when they can park in a certain area:

It doesn't look particularly simple but when compared with what the authorities had, it is amazingly straightforward:
The improved version is the work of New York designer Nikki Sylianteng and her Website "To Park or Not to Park" - it's worth a click.
 
Meanwhile, over in Ireland: 

No comments:

Post a Comment