Sunday 13 July 2014

Ditch the Peugeot

MSN seem very excited this week by this story of a crash involving Jeremy Clarkson & James May in a couple of Peugeots.
MSN summise that it must have happened while filming a new series of Top Gear.
 
Well, DUH!!
 
I actually knew that they were filming a new series because Jeremy mentioned it recently on something he was on that I can't remeber what it was.
 
Given the nature of Top Gear, this crash may well have been planned anyway.  Clearly nobody was hurt.
 
Unlike in this crash story that I also read this week.  It is in the Liverpool Echo and involves a three-car collision between a Rolls, a Nissan Navara and something called a "Daimler Mercedes".  Not sure what a "Daimler Mercedes" would be - I know that the two companies were once one and the same at board level but I don't believe they ever produced anything with that name.  Besides, Daimler the corporate entity was always separate to Daimler the car manufacturer which did happen to be named after the founder of Daimler the corporate entity.
 
But I digress.
 
Without any knowledge of what actually happened here, I blame the Navara driver.
 
It looks like the Rolls hasn't come off too well - but it should be repairable. 
Two of three cars were wedding cars so I bet there were a few frantic phone calls being made this weekend.
 
With hindsight, should have gone for something like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment