Friday 6 June 2014

Viva Vauxy II

Was it really as long ago as two weeks that I talked about the new Vauxhall Viva?

Yes.

And now we have this story from the Liverpool Echo.

It is celebrating the 50th Anniversay of the first car rolling off the production line at Ellesmere Port, just down the road from my house.

The story states how the original picture from 1964 has been recreated:
Although, to me, the original has more Vivas and one less 2014 Astra:
The other picture they use, that stands out for me, must be from the 1970s because it shows the 1000001st car off the line - a Mk III (or HC) Viva.  Not sure why they didn't celebrate the 1000000th but never mind, they did get Ken Dodd in with his tickling stick.
Don't know why, but I'd rather they tried to recreate that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment