Thursday 24 June 2021

Gammy Rather Than Gamma

I decided to go on the Australian site www.caradvice.com.au for a change this evening - I've not been on there in a while.

I soon wished I hadn't, the first picture that greeted me was this:


Very ugly - and apparently it is "Australia’s top-selling city car"

But then I spotted this picture:
That really does take ugliness to an even higher level.  It is from this story about the return of Lancia - but with SUVs and electric cars.

Just like MG.

That picture, incidentally, is the aging Lancia Ypsilon - also known as the Chrysler Ypsilon - a car I disparaged back in 2011 when it was new.  It hasn't got any better looking with time.

It's a shame because Lancia have produced some beautiful (and rally-winning) cars over time - some can even look good in yellow:
Although there were some stinkers too:

It's a shame that these brands are being treated this way.

Triumph's end seems quite dignified in comparison:

No comments:

Post a Comment