Thursday 10 June 2021

Squatter's Rights

I like Ezra Dyer.  If I was American and a successful motoring writer, then that is who I would be.  He has a great sense of humour (I'd have spelled that "humor" if I was American - but I'm not) - have a read of this.  It's from the beginning of this year and prompted this story I read today.

It is about squatting - specifically this type of squat:

Looks stupid doesn't it?

So does this:
This is a Carolina Squat - a fad in the Carolinas whereby the front of a truck is raised and the back is left alone or even dropped.

I don't get it myself - the headlights will illuminate the sky and you won't be able to see where you are going properly.

But mostly it just looks like it is going uphill.  I wouldn't want to carry my logs in that load-bed.

Anyway, it's likely that it is going to banned in North Carolina after a petition was signed by about 70,000 people - I find myself agreeing with a lot of the comments in the petition but I wouldn't go as far as signing it.

Squatter's rights?  More like squatter's wrongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment