Friday 18 February 2022

Not Aloud

Interesting story from Car+Driver today about New Yorkers with loud cars getting letters like this...

They are signed by Mark Page Jr, Acting Director at New York City Department of Environmental Protection.  I looked him up but the only photos I could find were of a completely different Mark Page who made the news last year for altogether different reasons.

The wording of the letter is:

I am writing to you because your vehicle has been identified as having a muffler that is not in compliance with Section 386 of the Vehicle and Traffic Law, which prohibits excessive noise from motor vehicles. Your vehicle was recorded by a camera that takes a pictures of the vehicle and the license plate. In addition, a sound meter records the decibel level as the vehicle approaches and passes the camera.
Cameras and microphones working together.

The unfortunate (or deserving - it depends on your point of view) recipient has to go along to a wastewater treatment plant (sewage works) to have their volume measured and, if necessary, get their vehicle quietened down a bit.

I bet there are a load of letters issued on July 4th.

Reading this has given me an urge.

I want to go along to where one of these cameras exists.  I would have a boombox with me.

Which I would switch on at full volume every time a Tesla drives by.

No comments:

Post a Comment