Saturday 15 January 2022

Bangers and Dash

I normally make a point of not clicking on adverts that appear on my Facebook timeline.

Unfortunately, being a gentleman of a certain age, I can't resist Sarah Crabtree.

So I was rather shocked and disappointed to find out that she is now Sales Director for Evoke Classic Cars rather than office general and tat sorter for Mathewson's Car Auctions.

Unless she is doing both jobs.

I guess I'll find out on Thursday when the new series of Bangers and Cash returns to the Yesterday channel.

She appears to drive a brown Morris Ital now:

...a quirky choice - I wonder which employer she sourced it from.

I'm not sure exactly what Evoke do - there is some auctioneering involved in there somewhere.  They are based in Dagenham which is why they refer to Sarah as from "Up Norf" which I guess should be pronounced with a Essex accent rather than a patronising faux-Yorkshire one (that would be "oop North")

They mention that she is off the telly but don't mention Mathewsons or Bangers and Cash anywhere.  And there is a bit of a dig in their website too:

"You can choose a stand-alone commercial auction house run by shareholders that you’ll have a transactional relationship with. Don’t misunderstand us. There is nothing wrong with that. Most of them are good, very good in fact and if you choose the right auction house you will not go wrong.

Or you can choose something different."

Hmmm - OK.  Not sure a business having shareholders would put me off using them.

Meanwhile, I can't find Sarah anywhere on the fancy new Mathewson's website.

And Derek doesn't look too happy - is he the new tat sorter?

No comments:

Post a Comment