Saturday 17 August 2019

I've Been Driving Through a Storm Lately

Rapper TuSimple has never performed a version of Jim Steinman's classic work "I've Been Dreaming Up A Storm Lately"

Here is Steinman himself performing it as part of the Pandora's Box album Original Sin.

I've been driving through a storm lately.

This was scary because there was a car behind me and another alongside me so I had no choice but to hit the water:
Here, you will hear me swear when I realise I've got into completely the wrong lane - then I overtake a truck.  If you don't like my swearing, you can enjoy Despacito which is unfortunately by Justin Bieber.
I'd got into the wrong lane by being in "auto-mode" where I was heading along a familiar route but going somewhere different to usual.

Imagine if that truck had been autonomous.

Actually, TuSimple is not a rapper.

He is also not Sainsbury's in-house clothing brand for people with learning difficulties.

He is actually an autonomous truck start-up.  Were you wondering where I was going with this?

Car+Driver have the story here.  It also includes a YouTube video - it is a much longer video than mine and the music is much naffer.  Don't bother watching it all - it's enough to know it's a truck driving itself through a storm and the speeds are quite concerning:

But, as Gerry Marsden said, "When you drive through a storm, hold your head up high."  which is actually from Carousel by Rogers and Hammerstein.

Is that enough musical genres for one Post?

I'll ask Stormzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment