Saturday 10 November 2018

My Wife Doesn't Like Jeremy Vine

He irritates her on his Radio 2 show.  I am indifferent towards him.

We both like his brother though.
But I am going off Jeremy myself now.
 
Because of this article.  He says that the Drivetime show (as discussed by me last month) shouldn't be called "The Drivetime Show" because it celebrates "a form of transport that kills 1700 people a year."
 
Vine said "the show needed a new name for post-car Britain".  But there are still plenty of cars about when I'm driving home.
 
He added that "our addiction to the motor vehicle has made our cities traffic sewers; made us asthmatic, fat and angry; and made our planet suffer".  Speak for yourself mate - I'm not a fat asthmatic.
 
This means that he has slipped right down the rankings in my list of favourite Jeremys.  Obviously Clarkson and Corbyn are at the top closely followed by Hardy but Vine has now gone from mid-table (Paxman, Irons etc.) right down to Hunt, Kyle territory.
 
I wonder what he thinks of hybrid cars - I suspect that he will be very unimpressed by this BBC story.
 
The gist is that lots of fleet buyers bought hybrid cars for the subsidies and tax breaks offered by the Government and many are never charged up so just end up as fuel inefficient petrol cars. "Many drivers may never have unwrapped their charging cables" it says - I'm not sure how they can know that but I suppose it is quite possible.
 
Basically, the Ministry of Transport have not thought this through properly.
 
I think that the Transport Minister should resign.
 
Oh. He has.

No comments:

Post a Comment