Tuesday 5 December 2017

Mr./Mrs./Miss/Ms./Other

This lady is called Caron Garrod.
 
I don't know if she is married or not.

The BBC don't give us any clues in this article in which they refer to her as "Ms. Garrod."  They do point out that she suffers from multiple sclerosis - a condition which can affect the brain and/or spinal cord, causing a wide range of potential symptoms, including problems with vision, arm or leg movement, sensation or balance. (I got that from the NHS site on the subject)

I'm not sure if "Ms" actually stands for anything - it's just a compromise between Miss and Mrs. - usually.

But, as some twerp at the DVLA has accidentally (and yes I do think it was an accident) found out, it also stands for "Multiple Sclerosis":
That is a letter sent by them to "Multiple Sclerosis Garrod."
 
Oh dear.  It would be quite funny if it wasn't so offensive.
 
Don't think I'll be phoning to tell them about a recent dose of venereal disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment