Friday 14 March 2014

Shopping Car(t)

I don't often get directed to the "femail" section of the Mail Website.  But that's where I found myself reading this story.
 
I'm surprised that with the huge publicity and marketing resources Tesco have at their disposal, that I've not seen this elsewhere but I'm sure it will be turning up in every ad-break on all commercial TV channels very soon.
 
Basically, Tesco have taken an ordinary car and covered it in their grocery products to promote their latest money-off fuel promotion.
 
It is a working car but I have to question the road-legality given that its headlamps are saucepans.
Also, given what its seats are, I wouldn't fancy driving it very far... 

After studying the short video in the article, I eventually ruled out it being based on a Vauxhall Corsa and decided that it started life as one of these:
I don't know if The Mail are in league with Tesco, or with the car's designer, Anthony Farquhar-Smith - both seem to be getting a good, free ad.
 
So what next?  A Morrison's Minor or That's Mazda Price!

No comments:

Post a Comment