Wednesday 30 October 2013

Telegraph Road

Another bloke from The Telegraph is learning to drive.

His name is Tom Rowley.
Now I realise that looks like Una Stubbs - but that is the first picture that came up when I typed "Tom Rowley Telegraph" into Google Images.  This is what he really looks like: 
(the bloke in the glasses not the little creature on his arm)
 
Any road up, I found this story in the Telegraph motoring section.  It follows on from one earlier in the week about Noel Gaughan, the driving instructor to the stars (as opposed to Nick Freeman, the motoring lawyer to the stars).
 
So far, Noel has taught:
  • Adele who I have heard of
  • Niall Horan who I hadn't heard of but is from from the boy band One Direction who I unfortunately have heard of.
  • James McAvoy - Yes
  • Mika - Yes
  • Gemma Arterton - Yes
  • Christina Chong - Nope
  • Rhys Ifans - Yes
  • Lara Stone - a model apparently, not the girl from Tomb Raider
  • Pixie Geldof - Yuk
He also claims not to know who they all are.
 
He also didn't know who Tom Rowley is.
 
But he does now - he's giving him a one-week crash-course to pass his test.  I love that phrase when applied to driving lessons.
 
I don't know if we'll find out how Tom got on.  I say that because the adventures of Ed Cummings fizzled out after just three articles (at least that was all I ever found) - Ed being the other Telegraph bloke I hinted at before.  I covered Ed's story last December.
 
I wonder if he passed, or just ended up in Dire Straits.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete