Tuesday 11 January 2011

Legard Disregarded

Yet another BBC story. BBC Sport have announced the new commentary team for the 2011 F1 Season. They've shown Jonathan Legard the door with Martin Brundle now taking over as main commentator and David Coulthard in the sidekick role. I never had any problems with Legard but according to a few articles elsewhere in the media, he "grated" with some viewers.

I thought the 2010 set-up worked very well, especially Martin Brundle's grid walkabouts where he would try and get reluctant drivers, team officials and members of various royal families to speak into his microphone. I also loved the interplay between Coulthard and Eddie Jordan. I hope they still have time for this.

The best ever commentary team for me though, was when James Hunt played the sidekick to this man - the king of motorsport commentators:

No comments:

Post a Comment