Friday 11 December 2009

I've just had a letter off Jeremy Clarkson...

...OK, it CLAIMS to be from him. It's actually from the subscriptions people at Top Gear Magazine. It's done in an amusing way about how if I don't subscribe then I'm a dolphin-loving greenie. This seems very similar to a letter he sent me twelve months ago and mentions a letter I'm already supposed to have received from Michael Harvey offering me a free Bugatti Veyron poster. I didn't get that letter and would have been surprised if I had given that Michael Harvey ceased being TG Mag Editor about six months ago.

Any road up, this letter tells me that Jeremy is angry because I haven't renewed my subscription yet even though there is actually three months left to run on it. That's too early! Based on last year, I fully expect to get letters from Richard and James overthe next two months further extolling me the pleasures and benefits of renewal. They can rest assured and save the BBC some stamps safe in the knowledge that I am going to renew - much nearer the expiry date. I will also not be taking advantage of their amazing offers of discounts because I always use Tesco Clubcard vouchers to pay for my subscriptions. It may seem miserly, but given that the cost is exactly one-quarter of the full price, I am more than happy to be called a stinge-bag.

1 comment:

  1. Got my letter from Hammond & May this afternoon. I'm sure it was identical to last year's.

    ReplyDelete