Tuesday 5 May 2020

The Good Old Days

The other week, I compared the traffic levels on my commute to those of the late 1970s.

Turns out I should have compared them with the early 1970s.  The BBC did today.

I enjoyed one of their photos in particular:
I could identify all of the cars there - I do like a Vauxhall Victor.  This other picture they chose seems more relevant to a Covid story though:
 
I wouldn't have been able to identify a line of cars from that year - the year the Wolseley Eight was launched: 
Car sales were 97% lower in April than the previous April with the top selling car last month being...

The Tesla Model 3.

That's an Autocar story.  Autocar also tell us what the top 10 selling new cars for 2020 so far are.  I don't know if it is good news or bad news that there are two SUVs in there.  I'd have thought there would be more but it is still two too many.  I also think that they chose the wrong sub-heading for that article - "We run through the latest new car registration data to see which models are flying off forecourts"

Meanwhile Car+Driver point out a different consequence of cars sitting idle for long periods:
Rats nesting in your engine!

No comments:

Post a Comment