Thursday 4 April 2024

The Numbers Up!

No, this isn't a Volkswagen story - it's a Polestar story.

Their boss, Thomas Ingenlath, has been talking about the future.

Drive.com.au are reporting on it here.

When it comes time for a replacement, the Polestar 2...

...is not going to be replaced with another Polestar 2.

It will be replaced with the Polestar n 
where

=

the next integer not already assigned to a Polestar.

And the rest of the range...
...will follow suit as their lifespans also come to an end.

Apparently this means that they aren't stuck forever with a car called the Polestar 2 never being able to evolve into anything other than an electric SUV that is actually more of a saloon car - which, incidentally is why I like it - it isn't, despite what Polestar tell you, an SUV.

I wonder how many years it will be before they realise the error of this strategy and change to a better system.

In 15 years time, people will be having conversations like...
  • "I really fancy a Polestar 17"
  • "Really? Why do you want a van?"
  • "I don't! The 17 is a two-seater sports car."
  • "I thought the sports car was the Polestar 19"
And in 45 years time, people will be having conversations like...
  • "I really fancy a Polestar 102"
  • "Really? Why do you want a van?"
  • "I don't! The 102 is a two-seater sports car."
  • "I thought the sports car was the Polestar 114"
Or maybe, just maybe, retro will be back in - and they'll do a cute new Polestar 2.

I wonder where that idea suddenly sprang in to my head from?

No comments:

Post a Comment