Wednesday 3 January 2024

Look away now!

Two stories have caught my eye so far this year.

One from my default Aussie site which is about yet another Tesla crash.  This one is unusual though for two reasons:

  1. It seems to be the first one involving a Cybertruck and...
  2. It wasn't the Tesla's fault
They've reversed the picture for some reason - maybe to appeal to a right-hand-drive audience:
But this is good news for Tesla in that their vehicle has come out of it considerably more unscathed than the Toyota that crashed in to it:
Although it does raise questions about safety for any other vehicles, or indeed pedestrians, who do get entangled with them.

The other story with something to look away from was one I found in Autocar but I can't view it on my laptop because they won't show it to me unless I switch off the ad-blocker that I don't have. They instead rather unhelpfully show me how to switch off various ad-blockers that I don't have.  I found the story here on Just-Auto instead so Autocar can sod off.

The gist of this is what LG will be showing at the big tech show CES in Vegas next week.

They have technology that allows drivers and passengers to see different things on the same display screen.


And, judging by the photo,
the LG version works by the driver looking away from the display.

This to me appears a little dangerous.

He'd better hope there isn't a Cybertruck coming the other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment