Saturday 4 December 2021

Constitutional Observations

I like to partake of a daily constitutional.

This morning I observed a Santa being transported in a trailer at an uncomfortable speed yelling "Ho Ho Ho" then "Merry Christmas" repeatedly through some sort of amplification system.  He terrified a small dog much to the displeasure of its owner.

The Santa's voice started to waver when they became stuck behind some vehicles wanting to turn right so he was ground to a halt for a quite a while.

The towing vehicle was a large Toyota - probably a Land-Cruiser - this is meant to be a motoring blog.  It would have been more appropriate though to use a Hyundai Santa Fe.

The next thing I observed was this road sign that I've never seen before:

Obviously I don't mean the 20 one.

Or the Pink Route.  Other colours of route are available - I don't think this one takes you to the Gay District.

Here is the one I'm on about in a bit more detail:




Although the only version I could find on the Internet is reversed compared with the one I photographed.

Was it a warning about driving lengthways along steps?

I hadn't twigged at that point that it was a circle not a triangle so not a warning about anything.

It was further along a side road that I found one with a plate below it that read "No motor vehicle parking on verge or footway"

The reversed ones would be on the other side of the road.

There are no yellow lines around there so I guess the council would rather you block the road than damage the grass verges.  I don't know if that is sensible or verging on the ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment