Sunday 30 August 2020

Do I Not Like Ash Sutton?

Didn't used to.

I thought he was arrogant and how dare a 23 year old become BTCC Champion?

Though maybe he had something to be arrogant about.

I suppose I've always been a Colin Turkington fan - even from when before I bought a BMW.

And Ash Sutton has always been a big rival - and he's made a few caustic remarks too.  Often about Colin Turkington.

But, I have to admit he is brilliant racing driver.  He was brilliant at Knockhill today winning two races.  And the BTCC needs arrogant drivers with attitude - especially this season while Jason Plato is on a sabbatical.  And the grumpy Matt Neal isn't getting much airtime to be grumpy in.

I suppose what worries me most about Ash Sutton is that he became champion in 2017 - the year after the Russians meddled in the Brexit vote and in the US Presidential elections.

Here is Ash Sutton wearing a face mask:
Remind you of anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment