Saturday 12 January 2019

A Bug's Life

This Autoguide article is a fun bit of nonsense.  As a statistician I know that the sums in it are tripe but I think the author would probably agree with me on that.

The author asks, "How Many Punches Has my 18-Year-Old Beetle Inspired?"

Eh?

This is the car in question.
It is a bit yuk but I wouldn't want to punch it.
 
So I started reading the article and it all made sense.  It refers to the Stateside tradition of punching somebody whenever you see a Volkswagen Beetle.  Or "Bug" as they like to call it.
 
It is explained best by The Simpsons: 

I'm sure why a bloke would have a Beetle though, even a Canadian bloke.  You can excuse the colour because his mother would have chosen that when she bought it new.  But anything that amuses me and also gives me an excuse to dig out an old Simpsons clip is OK by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment