Sunday 13 August 2023

A Lot More Rubbish

Last week I pointed out that I don't like Repair Lot.

This week I watched episode 3.

I think I've figured out a big reason why I don't like it and also why it shouldn't have an audience.

I know very little about vehicle mechanicals - but it feels that the audience they are aiming this show at knows completely bugger all about vehicle mechanicals.  The two mechanics sound like they both think that the other one is an idiot - it isn't quite "The black bit on the outside of the round thing is a tyre." - but it's not far off.

People who struggle with knowing what a tyre is won't be watching a show about cars.

Episode 3 should have appealed more though - they didn't have the stupid automobilia bit and the two cars they featured were relatively interesting.

One if them, a 1991 Mini, was owned by someone who "takes pictures of it in front of famous locations and then publishes them"

What!?

That must have a smaller audience than Repair Lot.

And has he never heard of Photoshop?  Here's something I cobbled together in 3 minutes using Paint...

...without the help of Dean Westmoreland - look him up if you want to get the relevance to this story.

The main issue with the Mini was that its suspension had been set up by a moron.

And, both the cars they worked on had no external work done on them so when they were unveiled and the owners had to say how wonderful they looked - THEY BOTH LOOKED EXACTLY THE SAME AS WHEN THEY WENT IN.

I've taken it off series-link.

No comments:

Post a Comment