Thursday 27 April 2023

MG Midget

Just as I mentioned in my previous post, I hate brands cashing in on premium names to flog crappy EVs.

But this story is about cashing in on a premium brand to flog a crappy EV.

Apparently, the MG Comet EV "takes aim at the BYD Seagull, Citroën Ami and Wuling Hongguang Mini EV with £7800 price tag"

The what now?

Here is the MG Comet:

And here is the Autocar story.

I've looked up the Wuling Hongguang Mini EV and it looks as horrific as the MG and the Citroen.  The BYD Seagull looks like a sizeable, sporty, attractive bit of kit.

But only when compared to the MG Comet, Citroën Ami and Wuling Hongguang Mini EV.

And the "£7800 price tag" is somewhat misleading as it actually is on sale for ₹798,000.

That's Rupees - it's only going to India.

It features anti-lock brakes but I suspect it doesn't go fast enough to need them.

It also features a reversing camera and parking sensors for some strange reason.

I don't like this "car".

Small wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment