Saturday 30 April 2022

International Post Stories About Volkswagen Day

I probably need to visit autoguide.com more often.

If I'd visited it on April 21st I'd have read this story and learned that April 22nd was Earth Day.

And on Earth Day, but just for that day, VW in Canada made their website more eco-friendly.  Apparently, websites can use up energy (and therefore resources) too so they made it more efficient by using plain text and simple pictures. They reckon that the simpler version "generates an estimated 93% less Carbon Dioxide" than their usual landing page - which they've now gone back to.

I'm not sure how much that day will have compensated for the nitrous oxide emitted as a result of the fiddling by their German colleagues but I'm sure it's a start.

If you want to see the VW Canada page from that day, a neat little website tool called The Wayback Machine  can help - take a look here.

Meanwhile, another "World" Day missed by me but not by Volkswagen was this Wednesday which was "World Design Day". Car+Driver are reporting on a world design whereby VW have chopped the back off a Buzz to make a pick-up.

Here's a copy of what was put onto chief designer Klaus Zyciora’s Instagram profile:

I get what they are going for...
But it doesn't really work for me.

Anyway, I'm going to finish this article here because I need to prepare for National Chocolate Parfait Day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment