Friday 30 April 2021

Car Park Full

I like what Gareth Wild has done because it is daft and he enjoys the fact that it is daft.

BBC News have his story here.

Gareth is a Dad of Two from Bromley who dislikes shopping.  Much like myself (apart from the Bromley bit).

Anyway, to make his shopping trips less boring, he has managed to park in all 211 parking spaces that he is allowed to use in his local Sainsburys.  He's used Excel and a diagram to keep track:

He said, "It was only six years ago when I said to myself, 'wow I could probably park in every single one of these spaces given enough time', and time is on your side when you're doing the weekly shop."

When asked about the trickiest spots to get, he said: "Without getting too technical, when I say B7 and B8 you'll know exactly what I mean. They were really difficult to get. I don't know what it is because they're not even great spots but people seem to love them..."

(In my opinion, those are the only two spots that you don't have to reverse in or out of which would explain their popularity)

"...So I went down one evening for snacks quite late and I managed to snag B8...ooh that was quite a moment in my life."

His next challenge? "I've got my eye on Lidl. But how do you go up from this?"

I like his style - and it's an excuse to revisit something I wrote on the subject many years ago when I was nearer his age: Metro's Car Blog - Shopping Trip

No comments:

Post a Comment