Friday 17 July 2020

Quietly Taycan

There is an interesting opinion piece in Autocar today by their contributor Lawrence Allan.

Although I mused on the same subject back in 2011.

Seen any football lately?

You can choose whether or not to have artificial crowd noise or listen to the eerie sounds of professional football happening in empty stadia.

I prefer the real sounds.

The fake crowd noise is provided with a little help from EA Games - specifically the FIFA franchise.

Well, what Lawrence today and me nine years ago have been talking about is artificial sounds for electric cars.  Lawrence recently (pre-lockdown actually) got to drive the Porsche Taycan:
He would like artificial V8 sounds added and suggests Gran Turismo to provide it.

Before I got to that bit of the article, I'd already in my mind settled on Grand Theft Auto for the job - accelerate - screech to a halt - murder a prostitute.

I think it may just catch on.

No comments:

Post a Comment