Wednesday 24 June 2020

Talladega Not As Racist Way

I was always going to do a follow-up to yesterday's post.

But it was going to be how Scalextric wouldn't be able to sell my favourite car from my childhood any more:
That is, of course, The General Lee - named after a Confederate hero and sporting a Confederate flag on the roof.
 
Not that I understood the significance of that when I was 12.
 
But they stopped selling that a few years back - now they are advertising the Pratmobile and the Reliant van from Only Fools and Horses: 
Which is all now a complete digression from the news that while some NASCAR fans are still racist, they didn't actually go as far as putting a noose in Bubba Wallace's garage.
 
Apparently, it was a door pull rope "twisted into the shape of a noose" - the new story (or noose story) is here.  It doesn't say who twisted it into the shape of a noose.  Or why.  Or when - but it was probably months ago.  I bet the pit crew team member who found it on Sunday feels a bit of a prat right now.  I wonder if he drives a green Capri.
 
Unless this whole door pull story is because someone important left the noose there?
 
No, I'm not one for conspiracy theories and neither are the FBI:

No comments:

Post a Comment