Monday 2 March 2020

False Idol

I refer to Billy Idol - rebel from my youth:
Only now, according to Fox News, he's promoting snitching on people who leave their engines idling when stationary, especially when parked outside schools.

Now I am actually in favour of this scheme - although not sure how it is actually policed - you're supposed to get a financial reward for grassing someone up.

But this is Billy Idol!  Not cool.

Meanwhile, in other Fox News, I learned that on Saturday, when I was looking for famous people born on Feb 29th, I could have had one of the greatest American racers of all time - if only he'd born one day later.

I refer to Mario Andretti who turned 80 on Friday:
If you look him up on Google you see he is the Italian-Born American whose birthplace is in Croatia. (But it was in Italy 80 years ago - they moved the border in the meantime)
 
I'd have thought he was even older than that.
 
Not that I need an excuse, but now for a picture of the most beautiful F1 car ever:

No comments:

Post a Comment