Thursday 16 February 2023

Feeling Flushed

Now if I was a trendy influencer or Youtuber I'd probably start this story by saying that I'd accidentally dropped my mobile phone into the toilet.

But then I would be telling a lie just for effect.

Although, looking at this photo I found on the Web, it would be fine because there is no water in it.

Anyway, the next thing your Influencer/Youtuber will tell you is that you can dry out electronic gadgets using uncooked rice.

There is actually a bit of debate on this out there but let's assume it is right - can you dry out your electric car if it gets immersed in toilet water?  Or any other sort of water?  Well a trendy Youtuber has tried just that - he bought a water-damaged Audi E-Tron GT for $55000 with a view to drying it out. Un-water-damaged ones sell for $105000 in The States.  His name is Rich Benoit and his video is here.

He is amusing and, as I predicted, he does talk about mobile phones - I started this post before I'd watched the vid.

Anyway, spoiler alert - he succeeds!  He also explains why they could use out-of-date rice - a point missed by the commenter called CC on the drive.com.au story has missed.  He obviously hasn't watched the video and he obviously doesn't get invited to many parties - so won't need the product they suddenly start advertising during presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment