Sunday 17 July 2022

Pregnant Pause

I'm a Wordle addict.

So I've now got a log in to the New York Times - I get to keep my statistics despite using several different devices to play it..

So I've checked out their Motoring section.

Or, as they like to call it, "Automobiles"

I found this lady staring back at me:

She has the very American name of Brandy Bottone.  She is VERY pregnant and has an enormous car door.

She is somewhat miffed because she was stopped by a sheriff in Dallas for driving her enormous vehicle in a multiple occupancy lane.  The sheriff argued that there was nobody else in the car but she reckoned that, since the awful change to the abortion laws in The States, that her unborn baby should be counted.

I can see her point.

But she now has a $275 ticket to fight.

But all that the photo needs to make it look like a British local newspaper photo would be for her to be holding up the ticket.  But then again, they probably haven't sent someone down from New York to Dallas just to take a photo.

"Photo" - that would be a good word for Wordle.

No comments:

Post a Comment