Sunday 15 May 2022

A Question of Sport

I don't watch A Question of Sport.  It's awful since they parachuted in Paddy McGuinness.

I did however watch a sportsman on Question Time.

I refer to Sebastian Vettel.

I haven't watched Question Time in ages - I tended not to like it because of the Gammons in the audience.  I wasn't going to watch this one despite Seb being on it but then I spotted that comedian Geoff Norcott was also on it so I gave it a go.  Geoff Norcott's hand was the last one I shook before Covid meant that we couldn't do that any more.

It has improved.  There was only one right-wing pillock in the audience and he suitably demonstrated his pillockness.

Seb didn't actually say too much apart from pointing out that Brexit is a mess and admitting to being a bit of a hypocrite about thinking green while travelling the World racing cars.  But he did give a very good account of himself in a debating programme using a second language and he really impressed Planet f1's Finley Crebolder.  I suspect Lewis Hamilton wouldn't have been as eloquent.

Today's sport on TV is the Women's FA Cup Final - I'm not watching it.  I suspect a lot of people aren't watching it which might be why ITV Sport have decided to showcase the middle BTCC Race today on ITV1 (also known as "ITV") rather than the usual ITV4.  This features Lewis Hamilton's brother and Rick Parfitt's son but they are always at the back of the field so don't tend to get much of a mention.

I found it a bit irritating because the presenters and commentators were trying to explain everything to the new viewers but they did get a very interesting race with plenty of action.

ITV4 meanwhile showed Twins.

So the question of sport for ITV is: How many people will watch the third race today?

No comments:

Post a Comment