Sunday 12 January 2020

Blatantly Wrong

It's not easy being a perfect driver.

I catch many errors and misdemeanours of others on my Dashcam.

Here is someone who thinks Mirror/Signal/Manoeuvre should be Mirror?/Manoueuvre/Signal:
Also from last year, we have this incredibly stupid, and lazy, woman attempting to cross a dark, busy and wet road with two small children just yards from a zebra crossing:
Her attempt at crossing made me cross.
 
Yesterday, I was doing an airport run and got stuck behind this person who didn't seem to understand that we drive on the left in Britain:
I wouldn't bother watching the whole lot, it's just footage of the back of a car driving along the overtaking lane.  I also had to cut the footage in half to get it small enough for Blogger to publish it. 
 
He (or she I suppose) may argue that he (or she) was driving above the speed limit but I'm not sure how breaking one law gives him (or her) the moral high-ground to try to stop me breaking a different one.
 
Or they could have just been oblivious to what they were doing.
 
Now, talking of breaking laws, the guy in the van in the next photo is actually enforcing them:
He is therefore doing absolutely nothing wrong.
 
So why does it feel like he is?
 
Also, why does it look at first glance like the billboard in the photo is actually showing my photo?
 
Every time I visit that airport, there is somebody sat there in a van, with the engine running, trying to catch people dropping off other people without using the official drop-off places that you have to pay to use unless you know about Drop-Off 2 which is free to use but no use if you can't walk very far.
 
I use Drop-off 2.
 
Finally, on the outskirts of the airport, if I hadn't accidentally switched off the audio on my Dashcam at some point recently, you would hear me state how blatant this guy going through a red light was:
Only trouble is, watching it again, IT'S NOT THAT BLATANT!
 
He does go through on red.
 
But only just.  On re-watching it, I realised that the traffic light on the left was still amber up until the last second before he (or she I suppose) goes through.  The red traffic light on the right is for traffic turning in that direction so not relevant for those of us going straight ahead.
 
That's enough footage for now.  Remember to be careful out there, you never know who is watching you.
 
Must dash.(cam)

No comments:

Post a Comment